Little White Dress Is The New Black

Wednesday, 26 April 2017

Ditch the black, all you need this season is a little white dress.
Here are the best high-street items you need and how to style them.

The off the shoulder look

Untitled #1343



Having a white dress can be the best way to cope with the overwhelming hot weather at summer. Not only it's easy to style but also a great choice for every occasion and no matter what your style is (except something really dark and goth). Plus it's really easy to find one, because every high street brand has its own product. The above seen dress is from River Island. A store which I absolutely love, they have the biggest trends ready at reasonable prices all the time. I highly recommend their dresses and jackets and also they have an amazing selection of shoes.
So how I styled this lovely off the shoulder dress? Which by the way is still freaking trendy and a must-have for spring summer along with bell sleeves and ruffles. In this look I wanted to smuggle a little festival vibe so I used straw hats and the indispensable coloured-lens glasses (which I mentioned here to be a big hit this year) with some boho bracelets and huge hoop earrings. To make it more street style rather than a festival outfit I matched it with this Gucci beauty everyone craves - by the way me too - but a simple trainer should do the trick too. Not necessary to use fancy luxury brands because if someone looks good it's not because of their expensive products. Okay I get it, the before and after photos of celebrities. but just think about bloggers. Not everyone has luxury products but they look absolutely ravishing.

The good old shirt dress


The shirt dress is a huge trend this season. Especially the striped one, it's everywhere. I paired this frilled Topshop dress with yellow accessories because yellow is also huge. Plus make these cold days shine a little bit. Flatforms, platforms with floral prints are a girl's best friend at summer. I choosed in this set a little bit pricey items, this one is a Gucci shoe but Topshop, Zara definitely have their dupes.
In a previous post I wrote about colored lens glasses at Coachella (read here) and how big hit will it be. So don't be afraid this season is all about colours and textures, prints. We have suffered through the snow, the cold weather now enjoy the warmer seasons and make it stand out with prints and colours.

The cute little pinafore dress


When it comes to dungarees or pinafore dresses I always think back at my childhood. It always reminds of my days spent at the sandpit playing with my mates. How could I forget those carefree days... Anyway, they are still in fashion and they come in white!! Perfect. For a casual, comfortable look I would style it with some striped t-shirts and simple trainers/sneakers, a backpack and a colourful sunglass. For a unique and different look, I would totally style this dress with nice printed mules or some slippers. They are really trendy just think back at the Rihanna x Puma shoes.

In my opinion with these type of dresses you can't go wrong. Another advantage is that you can style them in so many ways, it all depends on the accessories. Don't be afraid to use lots of colours and prints, it's spring/summer after all.

1 comment :

  1. So cute, I love white dresses - and being dark haired, they look so much better on me than black.

    http://ohduckydarling.com

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs