Is There a Place For New Bloggers?!

Wednesday, 12 July 2017

Since I've started blogging more consistently, I kind of live on Twitter. Means, I see every gossip and fight at first hand. This question has been coming back from week to week, so I thought I could write a post about it. Even though I was blogging in 2010, 2012 and in almost every year ever since I consider myself fairly new to the blogosphere. I get offended when big accounts complain about the huge amount of newbies.




So is there place?

In my opinion there is. Definitely, but it became harder to grow. Very hard. You have to come up with something very original and unique to stand out. At least you have to up your photography game, which leads to our next question.



Is blogging harder nowadays than it was a few years ago?


I would say, definitely. As a blogger who tried writing 7 years ago, 5 years ago I can pretty much say that I f-ed up bad when I deleted my blog. Now it's even harder to grow, to stand out. Everyone has amazing photography on their blogs, especially the big accounts who are working with photographers. Their shoots are like magazine's. No more outfit photos made in our bedrooms...No, no.

Is it good that blogging became so 'perfect'?

Under the term 'perfect', I mean the little editorial photos on big accounts, their Instagrams. Well, it is, because you can be as creative as you want. Really, it's just up to you now and the limit is just your imagination. On the other hand, no. It paints an unrealistic view of bloggers which in my opinion is bad. I believe it makes it harder to accept blogging as a profession. The hard work that goes into blogging is not seen through the fancy Instagram snaps. Especially - and let me mention smaller account again - if you don't have photographers working for you, you do everything all by yourself. The flatlays, the outfit photos and everything. and if you're just starting out, it's all for free.

How to have a voice in such a crowded field?

Use Twitter, Instagram if you are not shy, give Youtube a go. Connecting is key. Talk to other bloggers, I recommend commenting on 'big' accounts too because most of these bloggers are super nice, join Twitter chats and just make friends. For me, it is really hard but I always try to connect with everyone, I comment on other blogs, it's not only a nice move but helps you to get noticed by other people.

My thoughts on the Blogging Community:

It may sound soppy and all but it sometimes feels like a big family. Most of us are nice and we welcome the newbies even if they/ we are all competition to each other. But don't think about it that way, help other blogger's by commenting, liking their content and they will definitely do same for you. This community is amazing and I'm proud and happy to be part of it. Bloggers not only talk about fancy and expensive stuff but stand up for serious things too. Not to mention it is really amazing to talk on Twitter to others about what's going on in the world these days or just comment through the latest Love Island episode.  The chats are like huge virtual sleepovers.

I'm a Hungarian blogger who's writing in English because well let's face it Hungarian is not a language like English, which is spoken by loads of people around the world. I worried a lot because I know my writing skills in English is not like my Hungarian. I always thought I'm not going to be enough...but I do want to reach out to different nations. It's another advantage of blogging. It doesn't matter where you are from, how old you are and how wealthy you are, I mean I do my photography with my Samsung phone, I have my laptop where I write and pretty much that's it. I don't own any fancy stuff, however, I plan to purchase a camera because I'm really thinking about vlogging and I'm also not satisfied with my photography which I definitely want to improve in the future. But what I wanted to say is that you don't need money to start blogging. Set up a free WordPress or Blogger account and start writing, start creating. 

What do you think about blogging? Do you find it hard to grow? How do you like my blog so far? I'm in for constructive criticism! Let me know in the comment section below.

Twitter / Instagram / Bloglovin
email:
 dominikaa.szeles@gmail.com

14 comments :

  1. This is really interesting as I am just starting a new blog (first post is live in an hour!). I have to agree that many of the blogs I have read are big, with professional photos and templates they have paid for etc. But I think that it's quite nice to read people who are writing for the fun of it too, without it being their career. There are a lot of bloggers around, but everyone is different and has different opinions on things and I think it's lovely that so many people share them.

    Plus, your blog looks really professional, it has a really clean feel to it. Amazing work! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, although I would love it to call blogging my career.
      Thank you, it's just a free theme I changed a little bit here and there(header,sidebars) but thank you so much! Good luck with your blog xx

      Delete
  2. As a new blogger, I feel the struggle. There is so much to manage and so much to compare yourself to. I really like this post though. Honest and optimistic. By the way, your English is great! Don't worry about it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Good luck with your blogging experience x

      Delete
  3. such an amazing post, really enjoyed reading this as I have been blogging on and off since 2014 and I am still struggling and feeling like a "new" blogger.

    Speak soon,
    Niamh xx

    https://justgrabacuppa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, yes the same. I've been blogging on and off since 2010...
      Good luck with blogging x

      Delete
  4. I can totally agree with you Dominika! It's pretty hard to grow a blog these times, because nearly every content is already out in the bloggosphere. Not to menation, I am as well a Blogger with another native language than english and it was pretty hard coping to the big boggers. An I also blog, like 5 years, but deleted my blog just a few years ago and started from the bottom. A huge mistake, because now, I don't have the same traffic like a few years ago.
    I love the way you describe our community. Nice and lovely people who love to share and like, so we all get chances to prove our work and our skills.
    Thanks for the post, it was amazing to read!

    xx Nisa Hilal
    peonycrescent.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!! I randomly found your article on twitter!

    There's so many things I agree with you Dominika ;)
    Even as a "old blogger", I feel the same. It's really hard to grow your blog. I started out in 2005/6? But it was like a child's play, deleted them and restarted a few times in 2008/9. I had more readers back then... but well, it's not that important because in the end, blogging was all for myself. It doesn't matter if there it doesn't grow in terms of audience, I just like reading back on my entries on what I've done and seen that day.

    But, the blogging community is really fun. It's amazing to get connected to people from all over the world ;) Good luck on your upcoming vlogging plans :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Came across your blog on twitter. Yup, most bloggers are nice and it's a great community, really. I used to write lots of personal stuff while taking my bachelors degree. Nowadays, I tend to blog on whims. Even bloggers I used to read like Cheeserland and Fourfeetnine aren't writing much lately. I've also been thinking of vlogging but I'm too shy in front of camera. Lol. All the best on yours, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your kind comments, it's good to I'm not the only one who thinks the same. All I can say is keep up the great work because eventually hard work pays off. Blogging shouldn't be about followings and popularity, if you enjoy writing great content then keep doing it! That's what I do, even if just a few people read my posts I keep doing it because it's something I like to do. And again thanks for sharing your thoughts! Good luck with blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think in some ways I find blogging easier today though. I only recently started my new blog but I had one years ago and back then no one even read my blog.

    http://ohduckydarling.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved reading that post. As a new blogger I find it quite difficult to stand out, but I feel like I just need to keep doing my thing and then I'll see the results. Consistency is the key.
    Lauraconteur ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this. For sure, it's tough for a new blogger, me included. It demands a unique voice and outreaches to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I started blogging in early 2013, but it's always been a hobby rather than a full-time thing. I think it's a really crowded place for bloggers right now, and so difficult to stand out. I think we can have a place as micro-influencer, and because they aren't 'bought' with PR, they are more likely to be seen as trustworthy and to actually drive sales.

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs