Why Second-hand and Vintage shops are good for you?

by - Friday, July 07, 2017






When it comes to second-hand shopping lot of people feel it's gross. They can't stand the thought of wearing something that belonged to someone else before. I never thought about it that way. I only see the clothes like they're from a simple shop. I love looking for little, hidden treasures for hours. But it's more of a vintage shopping now.


I have a basic wardrobe with lots of brand new stuff, just with the most necessary things and if there's some huge trend going on I buy one or two items, then I try to find the rest in a vintage or second-hand shop. Sometimes it works, sometimes not but when it does, I buy like 5 products for one's price. I mean it's pretty much a great deal.
For example buying a band merch from H&M in ridiculous pale pink colours is not my forte. I mean of course pink is the true colour of rock'n'roll, but that pink wasn't right and the shirt's quality was bad too. So what did I do? You can only guess once. But I bet you know the answer already. I mean it's pretty obvious. I went to the nearest second-hand shop and found two amazing Rolling Stones t-shirts. To clarify things I love Rolling Stones, I'm not wearing it to look stylish. Vintage shops have even more band merch. In Budapest, there is one place I know and is clearly amazing, Lovebug Vintage. This shop has the best rings, sunglasses and band t-shirts. Look at its Facebook page, it has loads of pictures and I love to drool over the sunglasses, I mean they're pretty amazing.  

Here in Hungary I often find some brand new products at second-hand, vintage shops so it's absolutely amazing. They're in a good condition so you can wear it for a long time.
Most of the time I look for blazers, bags or jackets but sometimes I can find good quality shoes so it's pretty up to luck.

So the question is why is it good? Why should I buy items from these shops?


"...but at the end of the day, most of us are little copies of Kylie or Kendall Jenner"

Because you can find products that won't be in style forever, just a few months or weeks. Costs less than any other high-street brand's product so you could buy two in one's price.
Second, it's MORE unique than going into the shop and buying that Zara shirt every other girl has on social media. I know everyone wants to be unique, wants to look like no one else, but at the end of the day, most of us are little copies of Kylie or Kendall Jenner... so why not ditch it and try to experiment with vintage shops? and did I mention it's cheaper?


Have you ever bought something in Vintage shops? What do you think about them? Do you like to shop there?
bloglovinpinterestinstagramtwitter

You May Also Like

2 megjegyzés

  1. Bought a pair of true religion jeans for only $4, so I'm not complaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing! Vintage shops are amazing x

    ReplyDelete