The Struggles Of Being New To Blogging



Being new is always sucks. Trying to find your way into a new community is hard. However, fortunately, the Blogging Community is one of the kindest ones out there. But still, adapting yourself to a new environment, getting used to things you've never done before.

Being a blogger, being a huge influential well-known blogger from the outside it looks absolutely gorgeous. Enviable. 
So most people think that blogging is a piece of cake. I can do it. I can't count on my two hands how new blogs I see weekly, even daily. And there are so many great ones out there. Most of the time these people start out just because of the above-mentioned disbeliefs. Blogging is easy, it's full of glamour, going to events, getting free stuff. Well, it's not my dear. It's definitely, maybe once you get huge but until...good luck. They might think it's easy to make it in blogging. And again let me help you, it's not. It won't happen overnight. You have to work hard for it.




Why is it hard? And why shouldn't you give up?

If you're genuine about blogging, about writing you won't even consider giving up. Maybe once or twice but you won't give up. You'd fight every day, you'd provide great and unique content no matter how few people read it. Sometimes it's disappointing, but if you keep doing it more readers will come. They will stick around for sure. 

So what are the struggles of a new blogger?

1. GROWING

There are hundreds, thousands if not millions of bloggers out there. You know I still remember the early days, when the photos were just made in our bedrooms Tumblr style, everyone wore Peter-pan collared shirts or dresses. It was huge back then, now everyone looks so professional it's crazy. And of course, I remember the days when no one came to my blog. Literally nobody. My daily view counter said: 0 and did I gave up? Yes, back in 2011 I gave up. I was so disappointed but then a few months passed and I started again. Gave up again because I got bored but I finally had views, then it went on and on until this year. I finally found myself in blogging and I truly love what I do. I didn't care about the lack of readers at first but it made me happy when more and more people came to read my posts. To be honest that helped me a lot to create more and more content because I realised that's what I want. I want to address different people, from all over the world. I could give up because English is not my mother tongue but no, I set goals instead and I keep working hard to achieve them.  I started reading books on writing to improve my style because I want to give you guys quality content. Back to talking about the lack of readers, don't worry everyone's been there. Even the big names. Just think about it where would they be if they had given up at the beginning?! Let me help you one last time: Nowhere.

Just a little advice: Hard work ALWAYS pays off.

2. SHADOWBAN!

Unfortunately, social media's are not often on our sides. Just think about Instagram's crappy algorithm. Oh God, it's so nerve-racking.  It makes it even harder to grow, not to mention you have to extra careful with hashtagging, following and sometimes self-promotion. I know what it feels like to be shadowbanned. I was banned on Twitter last week and I got unbanned on Monday I think. 5 days of hell. It seems so long because Twitter is the main site where I promote my blog posts. What caused the ban on Twitter? In my opinion, Follow threads. You have to RT certain tweets and follow who Rt'd the same post, Well I followed lots of people ( did 2 follow threads) and then a few days later I unfollowed who unfollowed me and of course those who haven't followed me back. So be careful guys.

3. CONNECTING WITH BLOGGERS, BRANDS

It's not about the others being rude. It's about me being shy sometimes and distant. And not only connecting with bloggers is hard when you're new to a community. They have their own friends from the community so sometimes it's hard to fit in. But it's also really hard to connect with brands. They expect a huge following and influence from you. 

4.HAVING PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHY, BLOG THEME

As I said everyone looks professional. Their blog design is perfect. It's not the same when you made your own designs back in 2010. And the pictures... no more bedroom outfit photos. It's only cool outside, which is great. It's great that we can experiment and learn new things like photography but for a newbie, it's really hard to keep up.

In your opinion what is the hardest part in blogging? Have you ever thought about giving up?

Twitter / Instagram / Bloglovin
email:
 dominikaa.szeles@gmail.com

24 comments

  1. I started blogging in January, and I'm still struggling to find my way - not to mention make friends in the community! x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, at the beginning I was always too shy now it'S a bit better because of Twitter chats but still, it's something I need to improve.

      Delete
  2. I relate so much to this! It is so so hard growing a following now. I think it's even harder now than it was back in the Tumblr days! What I want to do is focus on writing content that I enjoy and participating in communities and I'm sure the rest will fall into place.

    -GG
    www.girlingamba.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's definitely harder than it was. But as I said in the post hard work always pays off and do it for yourself not because of the huge following! :)

      Delete
  3. I tried many times, and gave up many times. Recently, I've started again, but with a different goal. I write for me, now and if others come along, that's amazing! Maybe I'll be big someday, maybe I'll be lost in obscurity - I'm OK with it either way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave up multiple times, but I am back to it and so glad I am. Writing is therapy! Very good post, good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It means a lot and welcome back! It's an amazing community, good luck :)

      Delete
  5. Blogging is always difficult when you've lost the motivation! But hard work always pays off in the end! x

    TOUCHOFGS // BLOGLOVIN 

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd have to say growing and getting readers really is the hardest part for me. Blogging is really something you have to enjoy doing in order to keep going when no one is reading your posts. I loved your honesty about the tough parts of blogging!! Cheers to you on your growth and success!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It means a lot to receive such amazing comments and how popular this post became! Good luck with growing your blog!

      Delete
  7. I definitely agree that working with brands can be difficult, especially when they're after a specific followers count otherwise they won't even look at you! I've been really lucky to work with some great brands but that's not because of my followers because I don't have anywhere near as many as some other people, what I've found is that if you pump out good content brands will still want to work with you. Oh! and if you can sell the brand on why they SHOULD work with you, specifically :)

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right. Unfortunately a lot depends on the following number but it's not impossible to catch the attention of brands even if you have a small amount of followers. Content is key, I think following is second. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

      Delete
  8. I've been blogging for around three years now, yet I still struggle with these points >_< xx

    Sophie's Spot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite hard, especially when you work or study but hard work pays off! Keep up the great work :)

      Delete
  9. I definitely know what you mean. I just did a post similar http://www.emmaphilpott.com/7-things-that-make-blogging-hard/
    We've just got to hang in there :) Persistence is key... I hope ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I started blogging last year on and off but really getting into it now and excited for what is to come. This was really inspirational x

    www.jasminerigby95.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is very hard to get a blog out there but like you said it just needs resilience and passion :) xx
    A Girls Journal
    https://girlsjournal95.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Be yourself! You don't need a theme, you don't need big brands to start off with! Let your true personality shine through and you'll easily reach your goals ♡

    Nadine Adele ❤

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! I can so relate. I'm sure you've made so many new bloggers feel not so alone xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I started blogging 1 year ago. Stopped for three months and back again. I still think in giving up but I always think none of the succesful people in the world have acomplished something by giving up. So I keep on going, perfecting my style, writing, pictures and content. I am very proud of how far I've become, still have a lot to work on, but could not be more happier and content with what I've acomplished so far. English is not my mother tounge either, but you know, we're working on that, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally relate to everything you said. English isn't my primary language either and I struggle to sound informal in my posts. I quit blogging several times since I started for many reasons: boredom, time management, budget (kinda expensive to keep up with trends), and lack of followers. Blogging is so different back then. It seems more competitive now with fancy cameras and backdrops, etc. I used to take photos with just my phone in my bedroom but it's not good enough now.

    Thank you for this post bec it makes me realise that I am not alone with these struggles :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to agree with you. The hardest part of being a blogger is growing. I don't even check my stats because it's sad. I just keep creating content and finding new stratergies to get my content out there.

    Www.princessmiiaa.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was such a perfect read for me because I'm launching my blog on October 25th! Thank you for the encouraging words :) Have to start somewhere!

    ReplyDelete